Tuesday, March 19, 2013

david clavet's blog #4

Now that I have finished the book Out of my Mind one important theme that I have noticed throughout the book is "always keep trying and never give up." I think that this is thwe theme of the book because Melody a girl in our book who has a dissability where she can not walk or talk or even feed her self is still determined to do the things that a normal person does. One example of this determination is when Melody finds out that there is a machine that can help her talk, she researches on the computer and convinces her parents to get it for her. Another example of determination is when Melody finds out that she can try out for a quiz team in school. When she finds this out Melody studies non-stop until the day of the try outs where she ends up getting a perfect score beating everyone else that tried out. So as you can see "always keep trying and never give up" is a great theme for the book Out of my Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment